Home

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Day 8 - 30 Paintings - 30 Days, September, 2015

Landscape in Oils

Today's painting is done on an Ampersand Panel with a new medium I am experimenting with - Daniel Smith Water Soluble Oils.  These oils are a relatively recent addition to the Daniel Smith line of products and are definitely new to me.  I had begun in oil paints long ago and then abandoned them in favor of faster drying acrylics and other water media that allowed for a quick water clean-up. 

I had the delightful opportunity to get to test some of these magnificent paints - and I had a great time doing it! As with all Daniel Smith paints, the pigment load is superior and wonderfully rich. The colors - particularly the transparent Quinacridones - are beyond compare.  The texture is ultra-smooth and incredibly creamy.  I used both a brush and palette knife to mix and apply the luscious paint.  

The drying time is escalated in the Water-Soluble Oils using Water Soluble Fast Drying Linseed Oil. All in all it was great to be able experience the buttery texture of the oils and yet clean up with water.  
What a concept!!!


Water-soluble oils on an 6" X 6" Ampersand panel
For pricing information please contact me at:  info@cagleyart.com
Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...