Home

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Day 30 - 30 Paintings - 30 Days

Song of the Canyon

Today's focus:   Having fun on Day 30!

Today marks the end of the 30 Day - 30 Painting Challenge.  I purposefully used these last 30 days to solely explore a new medium - that of alcohol inks on a yupo substrate.   I was totally intrigued by the bold clarity of the colors and the free flowing nature of the ink.  For me, it combines the most pleasing aspects of two mediums I often work in - watercolors and liquid acrylics.  

What I most loved about the inks is that they have a mind of their own because of their free-flowing nature.  The ink demands that one not become attached to anything in the painting while it is in progress, because it may alter itself in a flash.  That provided a huge sense of freedom for me because I knew if I weren't crazy about any particular part, I could very easily spray it and then create an under-painting that would morph into something completely different -  often very beautiful - and ALWAYS unexpected.

The inks suit me extremely well because they:


*  provide very bold, clear colors which mix directly on the page
* dry VERY fast (I paint quickly so I love that)
*  lend themselves to total revision at any moment, causing me to never get discouraged 

In summary, I had a great time with the inks and plan to continue using them and pushing them to their limit.

PLEASE CONTINUE TO FOLLOW MY DAILY PAINTINGS SINCE I WILL CONTINUE INTO OCTOBER AND BEYOND!

Join me in this 30 day exploration!
If you haven't already - sign up and follow my daily progress by email.

Part of  Leslie Saeta's 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge:

Day 30!
Song of the Canyon5 X 7 Mixed Ink Media

For purchase information, go to my website:

or contact me at 

2 comments:

  1. WOW, I thought you had been working with these much longer. I am a follower, and I can't wait to see what you create next Connie :) I love this painting. The bit of detail in the sky, all the wonderful textures... just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sheila,
      Thanks so much for your kind comments. I will continue to follow your beautiful work, but will miss the daily interactions of this challenge.
      Connie

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...