Home

Sunday, September 13, 2015

Day 13 - 30 Paintings - 30 Days, September, 2015

Oceans of Gold

In keeping with my apparent theme of water paintings with shiny things in them - here's another.  I like the theme.  This painting was loosely inspired by the recent headlines of an Orlando family discovering some fifty, 300 year old gold coins in only fifteen feet of water off the Florida coast. However, my favorite part of this story is the fact that the family named its  treasure hunting vessel "AARRR BOOTY".

I'm now thinking that the proper name for this highly textured, gold, bronze and blue painting should be:  Oceans of Gold: Aaarr Booty. 


Click on the painting to observe the details.

Acrylic Mixed-Media on Canvas
12" X 12"
For pricing information please contact me at:  info@cagleyart.com
Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...